7/26/14

A Reflection: Open Your Hearts to the Holy Spirit


Our Lady of Medjugorje Message of May 23, 1985 with a Reflection by Kathleen Aparo

http://blessedmotherguideus.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/holyspirit.jpg
“Dear Children, These days I invite you especially to open your hearts to the Holy Spirit.  These days the Holy Spirit acts through you in a special way.  Open your hearts and abandon your life to Jesus that He may act through your hearts and strengthen your faith. Thank you for having responded to my call.”  

Imagine your heart open with rays of love shining out to everyone. Not just some people, everyone!!  And though I might like to think I do that, I know in my wounded heart that in the blink of an eye, I can make a judgement call.   I can judge, by some unknown means, how much love I’m  willing to share with someone.   I can make the momentous decision of whether or not to meet that person soul to soul in one casual moment.   So how can I help myself to be more open and to not let my insecurities hold me back.   Mary tells me and you exactly how.  She asks us to invite the Holy Spirit into our hearts and then see the special ways He will act through us.  Mary wants us to experience the gentle miracles of the Spirit…   miracles that heal and soothe the wounds we’ve accumulated over the years… miracles that change us from the inside out. And when that happens,  and our faith is strengthened,  it’s then we’re moved to live more fully the one God formed in our mother’s womb.
~Kathleen Aparo

No comments: