10/13/13

Pilot gives thanks in Medjugorje after successful crash landing

OCT 8 (Medjugorje Today)

  On September 27, Croatian Airlines captain pilot Zvonko Situm successfully crash landed his engine in Zurich, Switzerland, when he and his colleagues had found they could not extend the nose wheel prior to landing.

All 65 passengers were left without injuries, and the Croatian press soon elevated Situm and his crew to national heroes. Early this week, he went to Medjugorje to give thanks.

"There was no time to be afraid. All my life I have lived as a believer, and that is what I had in mind. (The accident) happened around 8 pm in the evening, and I prayed at 9 o'clock in the morning. Normally, as every day. I live all my life by faith, not just in that one moment" Zvonko Situm tells the Croatian daily Vecernji List who met him in Medjugorje.

Situm spent 15 minutes alone with visionary Vicka Ivankovic-Mijatovic, and tells they talked about faith and family. The pilot says he was especially impressed "by Vicka's simplicity, accessibility, faith, warmth, sincerity, and closeness to God."     http://www.medjugorjetoday.tv/

No comments: