10/10/13

HOW MUCH MORE" (Lk 11:13)


"Whoever asks, receives." -Luke 11:10

"No one knows the Father but" Jesus and anyone to whom Jesus "wishes to reveal Him" (Mt 11:27). We are included in the "anyone" Jesus mentions. Today, Jesus is revealing the heart of God the Father to us. Here are some revelations Jesus gives us:
   * The Father considers us His children. This is so critical for our prayer life that the first thing Jesus teaches us about prayer is to call God our "Father" (Lk 11:2).
   * If the weary father refused hospitality by refusing the midnight request for loaves, he would bring dishonor on himself and his village (Lk 11:5ff). As the weary father is a man of honor and provides for those in need, so God the Father is a God of honor and provides for our needs.
   * The Father is far more eager to provide for us than is the weary father to silence a noisy neighbor (Lk 11:8).
   * People can be persistent with those who will be angry with them. How much more should we be persistent with the Father Who loves us beyond measure! There is "the necessity of praying always and not losing heart" (Lk 18:1).

   * Jesus reveals that what the Father most wants to give us is the Holy Spirit. The Spirit is far better than the "good things" of this life (Lk 11:13). If it seems that God didn't answer your prayer, check to see if you received something better, that is, the Holy Spirit (see Rm 5:5).
Prayer: Father, I immerse myself in Your love. May I ask, seek, and knock so as to please You and accomplish Your perfect will.

 "They who fear the Lord spoke with one another, and the Lord listened attentively." -Mal 3:16

It was in coming to know the unfathomable love of the Father that Sarah felt a new beginning in the Spirit.

2 comments:

Ed Sousa said...

Holy Spirit, grant me the grace to "read the signs of the times" and act according to Your will (Mt 16:3).

Ed Sousa said...

Prayer to the Holy Spirit

Come, O Holy Spirit:
enlighten my understanding
to know your commands;
strengthen my heart
against the wiles of the enemy; inflame my will...
I have heard your voice,
and I don't want to harden my heart to resisting,
by saying 'later... tomorrow.'
Nunc coepi! Now!
Lest there be no tomorrow for me!
O, Spirit of truth and wisdom,
Spirit of understanding and counsel,
Spirit of joy and peace!
I want what you want,
I want it because you want it,
I want it as you want it,
I want it when you want it.