5/13/13

Pentecost Novena

Pentecost Novena Day 4 - Monday

Pray: Come, Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Your faithful, and enkindle in them the fire of Your love.
V. Send forth Your Spirit, and they shall be created,
R. And You shall renew the face of the earth.
Let us pray.
O God, Who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of Your faithful, grant that by that same Holy Spirit, we may be truly wise and ever rejoice in His consolation, through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Read:
Acts 19:1-8
John 16:29-33

Be silent

Pray: Father, may the Holy Spirit come down on me so that I will speak in tongues and utter prophecies. I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, May 13, 2013, Our Lady of Fatima, Pentecost Novena - Day 4

Acts 19:1-8, Psalm 68:2-7, John 16:29-33
Link to Readings --> http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/051313.cfm

QUESTION

"There is no need for anyone to ask You questions." -John 16:30


There is no need for us to question God in a prideful, doubting way. Zechariah questioned God's messenger by asking: "How am I to know this?" (Lk 1:18) He was struck dumb for nine months.

However, we do have a need to question God in a humble, loving way. Mary questioned the same archangel as Zechariah did. In all humility, she asked: "How can this be since I do not know man?" (Lk 1:34) The angel did not strike her dumb. He promised that the Holy Spirit would come upon Mary (Lk 1:35). Then Mary conceived Jesus, God, by the power of the Spirit.

During this Pentecost novena, in a spirit of humility, ask God questions. Question even yourself and your motives. Ask others the question: "Did you receive the Holy Spirit?" (Acts 19:2) Questions asked in humility lead to answers - even to the reception of the Holy Spirit in a new Pentecost (see Acts 1:6ff). Jesus promised: "Ask, and you will receive" (Mt 7:7). Ask questions, and you may receive the Holy Spirit. Come, Holy Spirit!

 Father, may I ask questions, find peace even in suffering, take courage, and overcome the world (Jn 16:33).

"As Paul laid his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came down on them and they began to speak in tongues and to utter prophecies. There were in the company about twelve men in all." -Acts 19:6-7
Let The Lord Enfold You   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMaWIEZif78

2 comments:

Ed Sousa said...

PRAYER FOR THE SEVEN GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

O Lord Jesus Christ Who, before ascending into heaven did promise to send the Holy Spirit to finish Your work in the souls of Your Apostles and Disciples, deign to grant the same Holy Spirit to me that He may perfect in my soul, the work of Your grace and Your love. Grant me the Spirit of Wisdom that I may despise the perishable things of this world and aspire only after the things that are eternal, the Spirit of Understanding to enlighten my mind with the light of Your divine truth, the Spirit on Counsel that I may ever choose the surest way of pleasing God and gaining heaven, the Spirit of Fortitude that I may bear my cross with You and that I may overcome with courage all the obstacles that oppose my salvation, the Spirit of Knowledge that I may know God and know myself and grow perfect in the science of the Saints, the Spirit of Piety that I may find the service of God sweet and amiable, and the Spirit of Fear that I may be filled with a loving reverence towards God and may dread in any way to displease Him. Mark me, dear Lord with the sign of Your true disciples, and animate me in all things with Your Spirit. Amen.

Read more: http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/pentecost/seven_tx.htm#ixzz2TBzmH1uG

Ed Sousa said...

Father John Randall said after he experienced the Holy Spirit, every time he followed one of God's plans, it worked.