11/7/13

Dear Family of Mary! Pray for those whom my Son called


 
 
  A priestly blessing

(c)Mary TV 2013
 
J.M.J.
November 7, 2013
 
Dear Family of Mary!
 
Again I am warning you, pray for those whom my Son called, whose hands He blessed and whom He gave as a gift to you. Pray, pray, pray for your shepherds. Thank you." (April 02, 2013)
 
Yesterday a letter was shared with the press written by Arch Bishop Carlo Maria Vigano, the Apostolic Nuncio to the USA. It was addressed to Reverend Monsignor Jenkins of the USCCB who was asked to send the information on to the bishops of the US. (You can read about the letter here: http://www.catholicnews.com/data/stories/cns/1304666.htm )
 
It has caused a bit of a stir. I do not want to analyze the letter. I just want to point out that this letter was not addressed to us, to the lay faithful. It was addressed to bishops. Everything in the letter was for their advisement. What they do with it is up to their pastoral discernment. But I don't think that we, the lay faithful, should jump the gun and get ahead of our bishops.
 
Pray for your shepherds that they may always have love for you as my Son had, and showed by giving His life for your salvation. Thank you." (November 2, 2013)
 
Our job, I believe, is to pray for our bishops now. Our Lady has been begging us to pray for our shepherds over the past several months in a special way. Our prayers are vital now, at this moment in the history of the Church and of Medjugorje.
 
Put your trust in your shepherds as my Son trusted when He chose them, and pray that they may have the strength and the love to lead you. Thank you." (October 2, 2013)
 
We need the love of our shepherds. We need them to love us with Jesus' love. Our prayers and our love will help provide that love, as Jesus alone can pour it out upon them.
 
"For the sake of Jesus, for the sake of my Son, love those whom He has called and long for the blessing only from the hands which He has consecrated. Do not permit evil to come to reign. Anew I repeat - only alongside your shepherds will my heart triumph. Do not permit evil to separate you from your shepherds. Thank you." (September 2, 2013)
 
We want to stay united to our shepherds, so that with them we may help Our Lady to triumph in this very sad world. If we listen to her call right now we will bring about miracles. If we pray for our shepherds we will help the Holy Spirit to work His plan of love in our Church.
 
May we pray, pray, pray for our shepherds. And let us not fear. God is in control. We are his children. He will not leave us orphans.
 
Here is my favorite psalm (Psalm 131)! It was the psalm for Mass on Tuesday. Let it console us as we await our shepherds' responses to this letter.
 
Psalm 131
O Lord, my heart is not proud,
nor are my eyes haughty;
I busy not myself with great things,
nor with things too sublime for me.
 
Nay rather, I have stilled and quieted my soul
like a weaned child.
Like a weaned child on its mother's lap,
so is my soul within me.
 
O Israel, hope in the Lord,
both now and forever.
 
In Jesus, Mary and Joseph,
Cathy Nolan
©Mary TV 2013
 
 
 
 
 
Logo
 
 
 
 "Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world!"   
Blessed John Paul II  -
Be connected! 
 

No comments: