7/31/11

Happy Birthday, Lori!


Lori

Happy Birthday, Lori!

July 29, 2011 would have been my daughter, Lori Cahill’s, birthday. What a beautiful child God presented to me. I’d live all those 39 years over again, even with the painful, hard times.

I’ll always remember bringing you home when you were drifting from one place to another, feeling so lost and alone. You had been drinking and I wrapped my arms around you while you laid your back against my chest while we sat on the couch. Your words will stay with me until I die.

“If you only knew, Mom, how good it feels with you holding me!”

Little did I realize that would be the last time I would hold you in my arms. How alone a substance abusers feel.

There was a time when your laughter filled our lives. The warmth you showed to your daughter, Meagan, and your son, Joe, who is now a Marine fighting in Afghanistan. How proud you must be of him as you look down with love. I miss seeing the tight bond you had with your sister, Debbie. You two shared so much.

I love you, Sweetheart, and pray daily God has you in his loving care with your father and you’re both at peace. I miss you. The emptiness is never filled.

Love, Mom
Alberta Sequeira    http://www.ahealingheart.net/



A Family In Crisis: A Time To Heal
Alberta H. Sequeira: Author, Speaker & Survivor!

1 comment:

Judee said...

wow---excellent you tube of Alberta! She believes she was healed in Medjugorje from a broken heart due to her daughter, Lori's alcoholic tragic death. thanks for posting . helps me deal with my brother's tragic death...maybe I am suppose to go back, still debating that question for Nov. trip there. Judy