11/11/09

Medjugorje: Good News Cardinal Schonborn to visit Medjugorje


Cardinal Schonborn is to visit Medjugorje from December 8 (feast of the Immaculate Conception) to January 4.

What an incredible newsflash!! Cardinal Schonborn will be in Medjugorje for such a long time....and will be there for Christmas and to enter the New Year! Allelujia! I am sure much more news will follow :)

Ljubav i mir!

Maureen
.

Archbishop of Vienna to visit Medjugorje--BREAKING NEWS-- 11/11/2009 Fr. Neil Buchlein
.
I just received an e-mail this morning from one of my friends who lives in Medjugorje and helps with the coordination of the music for the English speaking masses and lives there year round that Cardinal Schonborn will be visiting Medjugorje from December 8th through January 4th. No doubt this is very good news and the Cardinal has been a very strong supporter of Medjugorje since the late 1980s
He told Cardinal Ratizinger in 1989, "if Medjugorje were closed, he would also have to close the Seminary in Vienna, because the majority of those candidates had received their call to the priesthood through Medjugorje. To this, Cardinal Ratzinger replied: 'Closing Medjugorje is not even a question!'"
In 1998 he said, "I believe that the words of Mary at Cana: “Do whatever He tells you,” make up the substance of what s he says throughout the centuries. Mary helps us to hear Jesus and she desires with her whole heart and with all her strength that we do what He tells us. This is what I wish for all the communities of prayer which were formed from Medjugorje; this is what I wish for our diocese and for the Church. ...
Personally, I have not been to Medjugorjre, but in a certain way I have been there many times through the people I have met and the people I know. And in their lives I am seeing good fruit. I would be lying, if I said this fruit did not exist. This fruit is concrete and visible and I can see in our diocese and in many other places graces of conversion, graces of a supernatural life of faith, graces of joy, graces of vocations, of healings, of people returning to the Sacraments - to confession. All this is not misleading. Therefore, as far as I am concerned, as a Bishop, I can only see the fruit. If we had to judge the tree by it’s fruit, like Jesus, I must say that the tree is fruitful!"Will Cardinal Schonborn also pay a visit to the Bishop of Mostar? We can certainly hope and pray that he does! source: http://www.blessedmotherschildren.com/
.
The Austrian cardinal recently met with the Medjugorje visionary Marija Pavlovic-Lunetti when she visited and gave witness at St Stephen’s cathedral in Vienna last month. Later in September Cardinal Schonborn spoke positively about Medjugorje at a retreat for priests in Ars, France, saying that in Medjugorje priests are overwhelmed by their experience of Confession.
Posted by pilgrim at 7:00 PM

No comments: