8/12/09

Send Your Angel to Mass


*This very special prayer was written by a devout woman named Ruth Merz from Cincinnati, Ohio. Ruth was the mother of eight children who was diagnosed with cancer, which eventually and sadly claimed her life. Unable to attend mass because of her illness, she wrote this wonderful prayer. We hope that her words will convey special meaning to those who are ill and to their friends and families who care for them. Please feel free to share it with anyone that you feel might benefit from it.


SEND YOUR ANGEL TO MASS:
O’ Holy angel at my side Go to church for me Kneel in my place at Holy Mass Where I desire to be. At offertory in my stead Take all I am and own And place it as a sacrifice Upon the Altar throne. At Holy Consecration bell, Adore with Seraph’s love My Jesus hidden in the Host Come down from Heaven above. There pray for those I dearly love And those that cause me grief That Jesus’ blood may cleanse all hearts Give suffering souls relief. That when the priest Communion takes Then bring my Lord to me That His sweet heart may rest in mine And I His temple be. Pray that the sacrifice divine May all man’s sin efface Then bring me Jesus’ blessing home The pledge of every grace. Amen

8 comments:

Therese said...

what a beautiful prayer Ed. I am going to print this out for my father as he is unable to attend mass due to illness.

Ed Sousa said...

Thank you Therese. I will keep your father in my prayers.
God Bless you and your beautiful family.

lostsheepfound said...

This prayer is so beautiful, it made me cry.I am also going to print this out. God bless you

Barb/SC said...

A heaven sent prayer! No doubt she was closely united to the Heart of Jesus! Thank you for sharing it and I too will copy/print it for myself and others who are ill.

Happy Catholic said...

What an extraordinary prayer! Thank you so much for sharing it, and I thank God for the grace of her beautiful example of fidelity.

Pogue Mahone said...

What a lovely idea!

Athos said...

Jeff Hendrix here - I've added this post at my book's blog site, A Little Guide for Your Last Days blog. Thank you - I know it will help many people.

Judy said...

Does anyone know if there is a plague with this prayer on it? Thanks!