12/2/12

Angel in the Sky

Angel above the Medjugorje Grape Arbors
By Bonita Nesser
 
People go to Medjugorje on pilgrimages answering Mary’s call not knowing what God’s plan will be after the experience. I am one such pilgrim.
 
After my first trip to Medjugorje in 2005, I came home on fire with the Holy Spirit.

 I would tell anyone who would listen about my conversion and of this holy place I traveled to. After my second pilgrimage, three years later, I came home with a strong desire to be of service to the Church. I became a Eucharistic Minister (I take the Eucharist to homebound church members). I am on our church Parish Council; my husband and I are one of the Marriage sponsor couples, as well as head of our church’s Marriage and Family Life Team. Being part of these services to our parish happened quickly, right after my return.
 
In 2012, I received a third calling to Medjugorje. I traveled this time with my husband as part of our 30th wedding anniversary. I prayed that the reason for my return again would be revealed in some way. After several days in Medjugorje, our group was invited to visit Vicka’s apparition room in her family home. This was the first time Father Bill’s pilgrimage group was ever invited to do this. We were permitted to go in, five at a time, and pray and receive the graces from God. While inside this room, I didn’t see or feel anything extraordinary.
 
 We prayed and asked for the Holy Spirit to enlighten us.
 
Our group departed, as we filed out of the apparition room, walking back to our pansion house through the grape arbors. I was with 20 or more pilgrims as we walked. For some reason, I lagged behind the group. As I walked alone, I looked up and saw an ANGEL in the sky. I immediately took a picture and was amazed that I captured what I saw on my iphone. I ran ahead showing the others what I saw. They all started looking up, but didn’t see anything. As I walked with this picture in my mind and on my iphone, I asked …”Why of all things did I get to see an angel in the sky while on this pilgrimage? I had never seen anything miraculous on any of my journeys and never expected to this time either. Then it came to me…”Angels are easy to believe. All faiths believe in angels.” (I am from a large Protestant family). Also, Angel means “MESSENGER.” I know that I am to be brave, and be a messenger for Jesus and Mary.
You are called to be a messenger as well.
 
Editor’s note: Bonita is from Uniontown, PA. Bonita later shared that she had spoken to a large secular group of people and showed them the picture, and almost everyone saw the angel right away. Those who did not, saw it after she pointed it out. She gave each of them a copy and told them all that they were to be messengers also. 
Source of Article    http://www.spiritofmedjugorje.org/

1 comment:

Ed Sousa said...

Our Lady says, Pray for the gifts of the Holy Spirit

"Dear children! I rejoice with you and in this time of grace I call you to spiritual renewal. Pray, little children, that the Holy Spirit may come to dwell in you in fullness, so that you may be able to witness in joy to all those who are far from faith.
Especially, little children, pray for the gifts of the Holy Spirit so that in the spirit of love, every day and in each situation, you may be closer to your fellow-man; and that in wisdom and love you may overcome every difficulty. I am with you and I intercede for each of you before Jesus. Thank you for having responded to my call." Our Lady's Medjugorje message of (May 25, 2000)

"I AM OFFERING TO YOU THE LIGHT OF THE TRUTH AND THE HOLY SPIRIT."

Dear children! As I call you to prayer for those who have not come to know the love of God, if you were to look into your hearts you would comprehend that I am speaking about many of you. With an open heart, sincerely ask yourselves if you want the Living God or do you want to eliminate Him and live as you want. Look around you, my children, and see where the world is going, the world that thinks of doing everything without the Father, and which wanders in the darkness of temptation. I am offering to you the light of the Truth and the Holy Spirit. According to God's plan I am with you to help you to have my Son, His Cross and Resurrection, triumph in your hearts. As a mother, I desire and pray for your unity with my Son and His works. I am with you; you decide. Thank you. Our Lady's Medjugorje message to Mirjana of (June 2, 2011)