"The Holy Spirit will come upon you and the power of the Most High will overshadow you." -Luke 1:35
Mary is a model disciple. She is worthy of being imitated.
* Mary did God's will, no matter what it entailed as the servant of the Lord.
* She welcomed and received the Holy Spirit. Then she ministered with the Spirit's power and the gifts during her visit to Zechariah and Elizabeth.
* She gave her body to the Lord. So many these days will not let the Lord have their body. Often in today's me-first culture, we hear: "It's my body, and my choice of what I do with it."
* Mary regarded her body as a temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor 6:19-20), and lived a holy lifestyle. In essence, she said to the Lord: "This is my body, to be given up for You."
* She was pure and holy. Her Child was "holy" (Lk 1:35). We disciples of Jesus are to likewise be pure (1 Jn 3:3) and holy (1 Pt 1:16).
As Christmas approaches, enroll in Mary's school of discipleship. Learn a lesson from the model disciple.
Father, may I follow You as did Mary.
"The Lord Himself will give you this sign: the virgin shall be with Child, and bear a Son, and shall name Him Immanuel." -Is 7:14
"O Key of David, O royal Power of Israel controlling at Your will the gate of heaven: come, break down the prison walls of death for those who dwell in darkness and the shadow of death; and lead Your captive people into freedom."
Posted by Ed Sousa, Sr. at 3:28 PM