9/23/14

Dear Family of Mary



 
The Miracle of the Sun in Medjugorje  
(c)Mary TV 2012  
     

J.M.J

September 24, 2014

Dear Family of Mary!

"Dear children! You are not aware of the graces that you are living at this time in which the Most High is giving you signs for you to open and convert. Return to God and to prayer, and may prayer begin to reign in your hearts, families and communities, so that the Holy Spirit may lead and inspire you to every day be more open to God's will and to His plan for each of you. I am with you and with the saints and angels intercede for you. Thank you for having responded to my call."  (July 25, 2014)

Many pilgrims experience unusual events during their time in Medjugorje. Most commonly these events happen in the sky, in the cloud formations, in the stars and moon, and in the sun. Many pilgrims have been able to gaze at the sun which normally would not be possible. And they have seen different images in the sun, like the Host, or a Cross, and even the outline of Our Lady or Jesus, or the Sacred Heart. These signs in the sun harken back to Fatima, when on October 13, 1917 the sun danced in the sky, and plunged toward earth, frightening the thousands of people who were present for the apparition. It seems that Our Lady's presence in Medjugorje is making the sun rejoice and dance as it did at Fatima.

I want to share something that was shared by Father John Amsberry who gave the homily for English Mass on September 23, 2014. It is one example of a sign in the sun that is given to pilgrims and the effect it has.

This is my third time to come here to Medjugorje. The first time I came was in 1986. The one thing that impressed me...I had just graduated from The Franciscan University of Steubenville, and I came over with my brother and another fellow who is now a Dominican priest, was the faith of the people, their fidelity. I don't need fireworks to believe in the reality of God's love. We just need to pray. We need to pray and become more connected to God and He will be more real to us. So I remember the fidelity of the people.

The second time I came was in the summer of 2011. I came with my brother, his wife and their three children. We had just prayed, and then we went to a restaurant. There was an Italian family right by us, and they started freaking out, "Oh, Oh Look!!" The sun was dancing. So we looked, and we saw the sun that was dancing. And I watched my two nephews and my niece as they watched the sun dance. Then we asked them, "What did you experience?" And youngest nephew, Ciaran, who was about eight years old at that point said, "I saw the sun, and then I saw a man carrying a cross across the sun, and then three people following that cross." And I thought what a great image and picture for us. Of course my brother started crying because he had been praying that that would be his three kids following the Cross of Jesus Christ. Following Him to the fullness of life.

I think this is a great image for us today. To follow the Cross of Jesus Christ.  

Then going back to 1986, the first time I was here, I saw the miracle of the sun dance, and I was able to look at the sun, and then the Eucharistic Host came out from the sun and it turned red and it started bleeding. And I took that as the Blood of Christ, in the Eucharist, for us. Out of love for us, it was coming down to us to heal us and to make us whole and to give us the gift of the taste of heaven, what we were created for.

I wanted to give you those images, because that is what is constantly happening in the Eucharist and in our lives. The Body and Blood of Christ is offered for us so that you can know that you are loved and you can have everything now in His life for you, that He is offering everything now.

Let's go back to St. Pio, and what he said, "I just want to be known as a poor Franciscan who prays." I just want to be known as someone who in his poverty prays to God and He offers us everything now! This is the God we celebrate. This is why we are here. So let's open our hearts to God and let Mary and Jesus woo us into that eternal delight that is available to us now as God offers it to us in this liturgy. My brothers and sisters, you are loved and let's pray that we will enter into it.

Thank you, Lord, for giving us signs in the sun in Medjugorje. May these signs bear wonderful fruit in the lives of pilgrims! May we open our hearts to God and receive the graces of conversion and healing He is pouring out through them!!

In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Cathy Nolan
©Mary TV 2014

No comments: