2/26/14

HERE TODAY AND GONE TOMORROW


"You have no idea what kind of life will be yours tomorrow." -James 4:14

Contrary to Scripture, most of us have many ideas about our lives tomorrow. We don't expect major changes. We certainly don't expect to die. We believe we're in control.
God's Word disagrees; it bluntly states: "You are a vapor that appears briefly and vanishes. Instead of saying, 'If the Lord wills it, we shall live to do this or that,' all you can do is make arrogant and pretentious claims" (Jas 4:14-16). We're just thinking like everybody else, and God's Word calls us "arrogant and pretentious."

The Lord wants us neither to rest on our laurels nor count on the future but live for the present. "Now is the acceptable time! Now is the day of salvation!" (2 Cor 6:2) We're not taking anything for granted. Life on earth is a gift, every heartbeat a grace. There's no guarantee that I will be able to finish writing this sentence, or you will be able to finish reading it. Our lives are fragile, precarious, and fleeting. Anything can happen at any time.
"Only in God is my soul at rest; from Him comes my salvation. He only is my Rock and my Salvation, my Stronghold; I shall not be disturbed at all" (Ps 62:2-3).

Jesus, in a constantly changing world, You are my Rock, my Fortress, my Refuge (see Ps 18:3).

Our Lady of Medjugorje November 25, 2013 Message Dear children! Today I call all of you to prayer. Open the doors of your heart profoundly to prayer, little children, to prayer with the heart; and then the Most High will be able to act upon your freedom and conversion will begin. Your faith will become firm so that you will be able to say with all your heart: ‘My God, my all.’ You will comprehend, little children, that here on earth everything is passing. Thank you for having responded to my call.

No comments: