12/2/13

Lord, Only say the Word

Only say the Word and my servant will be healed. (Matthew 8:8)
It wasn’t too often that someone or something stopped Jesus dead in his tracks. But this centurion surely did. Jesus was so thrilled and impressed with him that he declared he had never seen such faith in anyone else—not even in the most faithful of Israelites! We all know the end of the story: the centurion’s servant was healed at that very hour.
It can be hard to believe, but it’s true: Jesus is thrilled when we proclaim our faith and trust in him. It puts a smile on his face and fills him with joy. So let’s make this the cry of our hearts this Advent: “Lord, I am not worthy, but only say the word and _______ will be healed.” Believe that he is a good God. Trust that he will take care of you. Surrender your needs and the needs of your loved ones to him. Know that the moment you say this prayer, he has already begun to respond.
Be sure to remember that God’s response may not look exactly like the response you’re looking for. Neither will it always come according to the exact timing that you expect. But it will come, and that’s what you need to base your faith on. Simply proclaim, “Lord, I know you have heard my prayer. I know you love me. I know you love the person I am praying for. Now I’m leaving it in your hands. I trust that you will do what you know to be best for all of us.”
How can you tell that the Lord is working? For one, you will have a growing sense of peace as you continue to pray—an inner confidence that God is in control of the situation. You may also find new wisdom and insight into ways you can improve the situation. Finally, keep your eyes open for signs of healing and restoration. If you are praying for a wounded relationship, look for a thaw that you can step into. If you are looking for physical healing, look for forward progress.
Keep declaring your faith, and watch to see how God’s marvels unfold.
“Lord, I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof; only say the word, and I trust that I will see the healing you have in store for me.”
http://wau.org/meditations/current/

No comments: