3/21/12

Kid’s Corner:

McKayla Philippi

Kid’s Corner:


“How has Our Lady’s messages from Medjugorje
affected your life?”


McKayla Philippi (13 y/o Seton Home Schooled 8th Grader):

“I have grown up with Our Lady’s messages. Having Mother come to the earth everyday is normal for me to think about. When I hear of people that have never heard of Medjugorje it makes me very sad. My mom has been teaching my family about Medjugorje since I can remember. I try and tell others why Jesus wants His Mom to help us believe in Him. Jesus gave us His Mom at the foot of the cross. The Blessed Mother is our mother and she is giving us instructions everyday from Medjugorje on how to be good. She wants us to love Jesus with all our hearts and souls, just like she does. Our Lady is telling us is to pray, make sacrifices by fasting and go to monthly confession. She wants us to especially pray the family the Rosary. The Blessed Mother says that the Rosary will help to keep my family together and help get us Heaven. My family uses scriptural Rosary books to help us to meditate. Mediating on the mysteries of the Rosary is really meditating on the Gospels and New Testament through the eyes of the Mother of God.

Our Lady also encourages us to go to confession once a month. This helps me to keep my soul clean and helps me to avoid offending God. I think that many people need to understand what sin is. So many of our friends and family don’t know the teachings of the Church and cannot remember the Ten Commandments. Sin is saying no to God’s Laws. We live in a society that has forgotten God’s laws. They are many Catholic resources to help you examine your conscience. I would recommend getting one that will help you to make a good confession. This will help you to receive the graces necessary to grow in holiness. That is what the Blessed Mother is encouraging us to do.

Our Blessed Mother also recommends fasting on Wednesdays and Fridays. Jesus Himself fasted for forty days in the desert. It helps us to be spiritually strong and we can also help others by offering our sacrifices and fasting up for them. On Wednesdays and Fridays my four brothers and I write down three things that we are going to fast from. This helps us to encourage one another. My mother tries to fast on bread and water because this is what Our Blessed Mother says is the best way to fast.

Our Blessed Mother is also encouraging us to make the Mass the center of our lives. In my family we try and go to daily Mass to receive Our Lord in the Eucharist. The Eucharist is the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Himself. Jesus Himself said, “Unless you eat my flesh and drink my blood, you will not have life in you.” This is why going to Mass everyday is a wonderful way to get all the help Jesus is offering to us.

These are all the things that I have learned from Our Blessed Mother’s messages from Medjugorje. They are the same things that Our Lord has always taught us through His Holy Catholic Church. Our Blessed Mother is helping to remind us and encourages us to listen to her Son Jesus.
http://www.lasvegasmariancenter.com/

No comments: