11/22/11

Medjugorje: 11th Anniversary of Fr. Slavko’s death


11th Anniversary of Fr. Slavko’s death
date: 21.11.2011.

On Thursday, November 24, we will commemorate the 11th anniversary of Fr. Slavko Barbaric’s death. Fr. Slavko was born on March 11, 1946 in Dragicina, and he was educated in Cerin, Visoko and Sarajevo. He graduated in Graz and received his doctor’s degree in Freiburg. He was ordained in 1971, and since that time he was active in several Herzegovinian parishes. He became familiar with the events in Medjugorje in 1982, and from that time became servant of Our Lady in everything he did: prayer, talks and testimonies, prayer encounters throughout the world, his fatherly love and acceptance of all pilgrims, his care for addicts, poor and abandoned children. He also organised various events like: Peace Walk, seminar for priests, Youth Festival, seminar for married couples, seminars of prayer, fasting and silence. All of these events became essential part of Medjugorje programme.

Fr. Slavko died on November 24, 2000, after having completed prayer of the Way of the Cross on Cross Mountain. He was buried in Kovacica cemetery.

We will commemorate his death by climbing Cross Mountain and praying the Way of the Cross at 2 p.m., and celebrating Holy Mass at 6 p.m. in the church of St. James.

~Our Lady's Message of November 25, 2000~
"Dear children! Today when Heaven is near to you in a special way, I call you to prayer so that through prayer you place God in the first place. Little children, today I am near you and I bless each of you with my motherly blessing so that you have the strength and love for all the people you meet in your earthly life and that you can give God’s love.
 *I rejoice with you and I desire to tell you that your brother Slavko has been born into Heaven and intercedes for you. Thank you for having responded to my call."
Medjugorje Official

4 comments:

Ed Sousa said...

Dear Children! Today I call you, together with me, to begin to build the Kingdom of Heaven in your hearts; that you may forget that what is personal and – led by the example of my Son – think of what is of God. What does he desire of you? Do not permit satan to open the paths of of earthly happiness, the paths without my Son. My children, they are false and last a short while. My Son exists. I offer you eternal happiness and peace and unity with my Son, with God; I offer you the Kingdom of God. Thank you. Medjugorje message, August 2, 2010

EC Gefroh said...

May Father rest in peace.

Judee said...

It is so amazing and special to have the grace to realize that Heaven exists from 'knowing' Medjugorje.... Meeting Fr. Slavko in the town and on the hills and how Our Blessed Mother said that he was in Heaven in her message the next day, wow! Just so spectacular to me. I remember climbing the Cross Mountain with my group in 1990 and how Fr. Slavko was also climbing the mountain and picking up the garbage and also checking the tour guides to see that they took us up the hill properly with all the prayers at each station. He had a special 'look' for them, if you know what I mean. :) Great memories and glad that he is interceding for us!

Ed Sousa said...

Thank You for your Comment Sally.