11/27/08

Patrick and Nancy Latta of Medjugorje.


In 1991, Patrick Latta, a successful businessman and car dealer in Canada, and his wife Nancy, a commercial lawyer, received a great grace of conversion through the messages of Our Lady of Medjugorje. Leaving behind everything they had created in their material world, they moved to Medjugorje in 1993, during the height of the war. With Fr. Slavko Barbaric, OFM as their spiritual guide and confessor until his death in Nov. of 2000.
Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Retreat House was born, with a specific desire to support, renew, and foster vocations to the priesthood and regligious life.
Now after 15 years of living in Medjugorje and 12 years construction, streams of pilgrims from around the world come to Our Lady's Retreat House to honor her as the Queen of Peace.-- Click onto their story. http://www.homeofthesacredheart.org/MedjMagArticle.pdf

4 comments:

Easter Almuena said...

Great post, Ed! Happy Thanksgiving!

EC Gefroh said...

Ed, two very fine and warm people! BTW, I still have to post about the Marian Conference.

Ed Sousa said...

Thank you Easter A. and Esther. My two good friends.

Esther, I'm looking foward to seeing your post on the Marian Conference.

God Bless,

Anonymous said...

This is not just any home, IT IS MY HOME,Patrick said so, I was nourished in my home, I was deeply loved in my home, my heart is where my home is, this home is where Jesus and Mary are alive, this home is peace, this home is giftedness, this home is prayer itself, my sisters, Nancy, Marie Louise,Leila, Paula my croatian prayer teacher (RIP)and Florine and his team. All of us with Our Most Beautiful Mother in Heaven.