9/20/08

We are in Desperate need of the Holy Spirit in our lives.



Then Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him in the midst of his brothers; and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward."
- (1 Samuel 16:13


Set For Success
Whenever we see a significant occurrence in the Word of God, we also witness the Spirit of God at work in some form or fashion. The Spirit was present at the moment of creation (Genesis 1:2), He was grieved over the condition of man at the time of the flood (Genesis 6:3), and He was involved in the miracle of the incarnation of Christ (Matthew 1:18). The Holy Spirit, being God, is inseparable from the workings of God, and David's appointment as the king of Israel is no exception.
Notice that the first thing to follow David's appointment is the anointing of the Holy Spirit. Although it was a great honor to be made king, the far greater honor that day was the Spirit's abiding presence in his life. It was critical for David to receive this anointing because without it he would be left to accomplish God's will with his limited, feeble human resources.
But with the Spirit's fullness upon him, David had privileged access to the spiritual wealth of heaven. God had given him perfect and sufficient provision for spiritual success.
We see this modeled over and over again in Scripture. The Lord appoints His people to seemingly impossible tasks, then provides the Spirit to motivate, fuel, guide, and accomplish the impossible. This was the case with Samson, Peter, and Paul. The Scriptures even attribute the marvelous works of Christ to the Power of the Holy Spirit at work in Him (Acts 10:38).
Is there any question that we are in desperate need of the Spirit's active presence in our lives? No wonder the Bible calls us to be continually filled with God's Spirit (Ephesians 5:18). If David needed the Spirit in order to serve as Israel's king, how much more do we need it if we're to serve the King of Kings?.......Come Holy Spirit, come and decend upon me and my family by means of the powerful intercession of the Immacualte Heart of Mary your well beloved spouse.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

SAVED BY GRACE
Four years ago I dropped into a black hole – four months of ABSOLUTE TERROR!! I wanted to end my life…

I reached out to a friend who took me to hospital. I had three visits [hospital] in four months – I actually thought I was in hell. I had been seeing a therapist [1994] on a regular basis.

I actually thought I would be locked away – but the hospital staffs were very supportive...I had no control over my process.
I was released from hospital 16th September 1994, but my fear, pain & shame had only subsided a little. I remember this particular morning waking up [home] & my process would start up again [fear, pain, & shame].

No one could help me, not even my therapist [I was terrified].

I asked JESUS CHRIST to have mercy on me & forgive me my sins. Slowly, all my fear has dissipated & I believe Jesus delivered me from my “psychological prison.”

I am a practicing Catholic & the HOLY SPIRIT is my friend & strength; every day since then has been a joy & blessing.
I deserve to go to hell for the life I have led, but Jesus through His sacrifice on the cross, delivered me from my inequities.

John 3: 8, John 15: 26, are verses I can relate to, organically. He’s a real person who is with me all the time.

I have so much joy & peace in my life, today, after a childhood spent in orphanages [England & Australia].

Fear, pain, & shame, are no longer my constant companions. I just wanted to share my experience with you [Luke 8: 16 – 17].

I, MICHAEL, AM THE HOLY ONE OF GOD.