11/21/17

17th Anniversary of Fr. Slavko’s death


17th Anniversary of Fr. Slavko’s death



On Friday, November 17, 2017 we will commemorate the 17th Anniversary of Fr. Slavko Barbaric’s death, a priest who devoted 18 years of his life to spreading of Our Lady’s messages in the world and care for all pilgrims. Fr. Slavko died on November 24, 2000, after having completed the Way of the Cross on Cross Mountain and he was buried at the local cemetery Kovacica. This year, on the occasion of this Anniversary, we will pray the Way of the Cross on Cross Mountain and celebrate Holy Mass at 6 pm in the parish church of St. James.

Medjugorje Message of November 25, 2000
"Dear children! Today when Heaven is near to you in a special way, I call you to prayer so that through prayer you place God in the first place. Little children, today I am near you and I bless each of you with my motherly blessing so that you have the strength and love for all the people you meet in your earthly life and that you can give God's love. I rejoice with you and I desire to tell you that your brother Slavko has been born into Heaven and intercedes for you. Thank you for having responded to my call."

On November 24th, we will celebrate the 17th Anniversary of Fr Slavko Barbaric’s birthday in Heaven. On this occasion, I suggest that we pray this beautiful prayer that he wrote:

“Holy Spirit, I choose you today as master of my whole being. In faith and with hope in your infinite love as it manifested in Mary, I renounce every evil spirit and I accept you, Spirit of Love, Light, Peace and Order. I dedicate all my talents to you, and wish to act only in your light. I give you all rights on my life. Watch over me, guide me to the Father, I beg you with Mary through Jesus, Amen!”

Video of Fr. Slavko  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ugXt1O3z6w

No comments: