7/14/17

International Seminar for Priests

The International Seminar for Priests concluded with the Holy Mass

date: 09.07.2017.
On Saturday, July 8, the 22nd International Seminar for Priests was concluded in Medjugorje and 253 priests, deacons and seminarians from 25 countries gathered for this event. The seminar began with the evening prayer programme on Monday, July 3, and Fr. Ivan FIlipovic was the main celebrant on these days, the spiritual director of Cenacolo community and the lecturer of this seminar.
The theme of this International encounter coordinated by Fr. Marinko Šakota, the parish priest, was „That your love may increase more and more“. The participants listened to the lectures, took part in the regular evening prayer programme and climbed Apparition Hill on early Thursday morning for the prayer of Rosary and on Friday they climbed Cross Mountain for the Way of the Cross.
Fr. Ivan Perković, parish assistant in the parish of Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Kistanje (Zadar Diocese, Croatia), member of the Eucharistic Community of Priests of the Heart of Jesus and Heart of Mary, came for the fifth time for this event and told us the following on this occasion: „Ever since I was ordained as a priest five years ago, I’ve been coming here for this seminar. I graduated medicine before my vocation and then, the Lord invited me to become a priest. Gospa plays huge role in my spiritual life and in my vocation, she helped me to answer this calling, as I had major doubts. I always gladly come to Medjugorje.“

No comments: