1/18/16

From the desk of Sr. Emmanuel

From the Desk of Sr. Emmanuel Maillard
Medjugorje, January 15, 2015

Dear Children of Medjugorje, Praised be Jesus and Mary!
1. On January 2nd, Mirjana received her monthly apparition at the Blue Cross. She was surrounded with a little crowd, that of the winter season. After the apparition, she shared this message with us:



"Dear children, As a mother, I am joyful to be among you because I desire to speak anew about the words of my Son and of His love. I hope that you will accept me with the heart, because the words of my Son and His love are the only light and hope in the darkness of today. This is the only truth and you who will accept and live it will have pure and humble hearts. My Son loves those who are pure and humble. Pure and humble hearts bring to life the words of my Son, they live them, they spread them and they make it possible for everyone to hear them. The words of my Son bring back life to those who listen to them. The words of my Son bring back love and hope. Therefore, my beloved apostles, my children, live the words of my Son. Love each other as He loved you. Love each other in His name, in memory of Him. The Church is advancing and growing because of those  who listen to the words of my Son; because of those who love; because of those who suffer and endure in silence and in the hope of final redemption. Therefore, my beloved children, may the words of my Son and His love be the first and the last thought of your day. Thank you."

2. How to Achieve Reparation?
 
In the writings of the mystics, the excellence of the prayer of reparation is repeated over and over again. In fact, Jesus recommended it many times, describing the abundant spiritual fruit derived from it. Recently an unbearable event - although barely talked about in the news - took place in Northern Italy shortly after Christmas, an event that revealed the tremendous hatred against innocent Jesus. We already know about the wave of destruction of the Christmas Nativity scenes. One evening, in a church, the Baby Jesus was stolen. The next morning, he was found, but... hanged!
This heinous act calls for reparation! Some prayer groups have decided to do a Novena for that purpose. But given this horrible act, I think many more people could get involved by praying. That would enable this evil to produce good fruits, beginning with the conversion of these unfortunate instruments of Satan (whether aware or not of what they have done). Who could be afraid of our Newborn God, if not the enemy? There are many prayers of reparation (see PS1), and also Novenas to the Child Jesus.
 
3.  Your Chinese Seminarian?
 
As you know, families in China are allowed one child only, 2 maximum in some cases. If an only son receives a priestly vocation, it is a huge sacrifice to the parents, both emotionally and financially. Most of the time they do it gladly, so deep is their faith, and they recognize in this call the blessing of God on their family.

The yearly cost of the seminary is 800 € for each young man, or $876. Dioceses being very poor, they undergo many difficulties, in spite of the very "sober" even precarious nature of the room and board of the seminarians.  I have seen it with my own eyes.
   

I am sure that some among you will have at heart to sponsor one or several seminarians. It is an excellent investment for heaven, whose bank will never go bankrupt, and also for this land, since it will bring a divine blessing upon you. The future priest will not forget you when he is at the altar!

We will put you in direct contact with the priest in charge of the seminary.Of course, if you desire, you will be able to "follow your seminarian" by exchanging mail, including pictures, which will make your involvement more personal. It is necessary to commit yourself for a minimum of one year (800 euros in one lump sum), that can then be renewed if you wish.
Thank you to all those who will hold out their hands to these young men coming from Chinese villages, whose faith makes them so courageous. Who knows if, one day, they will not come to evangelize us?If you are interested in sponsoring one of these young men, please email: gospa@gmail.fr.

4. Seize the blessing!  

In January, the Franciscans go from house to house and call down God's blessings; for the family this is also the opportunity to be in personal contact with their priests and to talk about God. Our Lady insisted on the need to start using holy water again. If you cannot have a priest come to your home, then the father or the mother can sprinkle holy water, even exorcized, in your home and aroundthe whole property while praying. The Blessed Mother asked us to be bearers of blessings for each other. 
A German sister sent me this beautiful testimony:"Last September, my mother needed a pedicure. I searched in the directory for an address close to home. I accompanied my mother to this woman because I wanted to meet her in person. We liked the place, and we talked a bit with the pedicurist. I told her that I was consecrated, that I lived abroad due to the mission I was involved in and therefore did not live with my mother in Germany. As I was leaving, I said to her: "Goodbye! God bless you!" And I blessed her in my heart. Back at home, my mother told me how happy she was with this visit and that she wanted to thank the lady.
"During my next visit, on December 21st, I went back to the pedicurist with a small gift in my hands and my Christmas greetings. I had barely arrived when she greeted me with great joy. She invited me to sit down because she had something to tell me. "When you came in September, she said, I was in a very difficult situation. I couldn't pay my rent and I was reduced to asking for assistance from Caritas. I was actually out on the street! I was desperate. But when you said "God bless you", despair left me in an instant. In my entire life, nobody had ever said those words to me! That same evening, something else happened (I did not ask her what), and that enabled me to pay the rent for my apartment. Now I am happy, and to thank you, I wish to make an offering for your mission.
"For me, the sister added, this was a great encouragement to bless people as Mary teaches us in Medjugorje. We almost never see the effect of the blessing we convey (verbally or silently), but thanks to this testimony, Jesus invites me to believe much more in the power of the blessing. So let's help Our Lady, let's not waste our time along the path, let's bless everyone we meet!"

I know this sister well, she lives in profound union with Christ, which surely helped the grace to flow through. A blessing is a gift from Heaven, something divine that springs from the heart of God to reach our soul in its depths, without having to go through our minds or our senses (these more peripheral parts of our being). That is why, except for some exceptions, we feel nothing at the moment we receive it. It's like a missile of light and love that God sends to a soul through the person whoblesses, in order to enrich the soul with a particular grace. The closer the transmitter of the blessing is to God, the more transparent he is, the more likely grace is to pass through that person. If the giver of the blessing is a priest, then through him it is Jesus Himself who blesses! "If the priests knew what they give when they bless," said the Gospa. "They would bless day and night!"
One day, we filmed a TV show in English about Fasting with Fr. Slavko, shortly before his death. But right after the shooting, the machines stopped working and we could only lament the loss of our work. Then we asked Fr. Slavko to bless the machines, which he did with great simplicity. Immediately, the machines started working!!
In this Jubilee year of Mercy, let us give many, many blessings!
Dearest Gospa, you are blessed among women! As long as we dwell in this time of grace with your daily visits, we open our hearts at the moment of your apparition (6:40pm) so that your Motherly blessing may flow into them!

Sister Emmanuel +
(Translated from French)

 P.S. 1.  Prayer of Reparation
"O Jesus, my Savior and Redeemer, Son of the living God, behold, we kneel before you and offer you our reparation; we would make amends for all the blasphemies uttered against your holy name, for all the injuries done to Thee in the Blessed Sacrament, for all the irreverence shown toward your immaculate Virgin Mother, for all the calumnies and slanders spoken against your spouse, the holy Catholic and Roman Church. O Jesus, who hast said: "If you ask the Father anything in my name, He will give it to you", we pray and beseech you for all our brethren who are in danger of sin; shield them from every temptation to fall away from the true faith; save those who are even now standing on the brink of the abyss; to all of them give light and knowledge of the truth, courage and strength for the conflict with evil, perseverance in faith and active charity! For this do we pray, most merciful Jesus, in your name, unto God the Father, with whom you live and reign in the unity of the Holy Spirit, world without end. Amen." (From Venerable Sister Marie Martha Chambon)

Prayer to the Miraculous Infant Jesus of Prague (Revealed by Our Lady To Venerable Fr. F. Cyril OCD)
O Infant Jesus, I have recourse to You and ask You through the intercession of Your Holy Mother to help me in my need, ( mention it here) for I firmly believe that Your Divinity can help me. 

I hope, in complete trust, to obtain Your holy grace. I love You with all my heart and with all the strength of my soul. I am truly sorry for all my sins, and beg You, O good Jesus, to give me strength to conquer them. I shall never offend You and I am ready to suffer rather than to cause You pain. 
From now on I want to serve with complete faithfulness and for love of You, O Divine Child, I will love my neighbour as well as myself. Omnipotent Child, Lord Jesus, again I implore You, help me in this need of mine (mention it). 
Grant me the grace of possessing You eternally, with Mary and Joseph and of adoring You with the holy angels in Your heavenly court.  Amen." http://www.christian-miracles.com/infantjesusofprague.htm
Prayer of Reparation of Saint Theresa
I adore and praise Thee, O my Divine Jesus, Son of the living God, and I desire to make satisfaction for all the outrages which I, the most miserable of Thy creatures, have offered Thee in all the members of Thy Blessed Body, and particularly in Thy adorable Face. Hail, worshipful Face, disfigured by spittle and hardly to be recognized through the cruel treatment which Thou didst receive from the impious Jews.

I salute Thee, O Blessed Eyes, all bathed in tears, which Thou didst shed for our salvation.
I salute Thee, O Blessed Ears, assailed by blasphemies, insult, and cruel mockeries.
I salute Thee, O Blessed Mouth, filled with graces and tenderness for poor sinners, but embittered with vinegar and gall by the monstrous ingratitude of that people whom Thou didst choose from among all nations.
In reparation for all these ignominies, I offer Thee all the homage which is given Thee in that holy place where Thou art please to be honored with a special worship, uniting myself therewith. 

At the sight of Thy Most Holy Face, dear Jesus, so disfigured by bruises, I cry out with St. Augustine: "Lord Jesus, impress upon my heart Thy sacred wounds, that I may read therein at once Thy sorrow and Thy love; Thy sorrow, in order to suffer every affliction for Thee."

O Sorrowful Jesus, when casting ourselves before Thy Adorable Face to ask thee for the graces of which we have need, we ask Thee above all to order the interior features of our souls that we may never refuse Thee and all that Thou, Thyself, desire of us through Thy holy commandments.
Praise be to Thee, O Jesus Christ, for the most Sacred Grief of Thy adorable Face. By this Sacred Grief and by Thy most Sacred Passion pardon all the sins I have committed against Thee, in thought, word, and deed, and all negligence in Thy service, and all sensuality for which I have been to blame whether asleep or awake. 

Grant that I may be able to recall with devotion Thy most pitiful pains suffered in Thy Sacred Face. Grant me the grace to mortify my body, and so to offer a pledge of my gratitude to Thee, Who live and reign forever and ever. Amen.

P.S. 2. Our house in Medjugorje received St Louis de Montfort as the saint of the year. Who is yours? He/she is waiting for you! You'll find the explanation and the list of saints on our website www.sremmanuel.org.

P.S. 3. Watch our short video!
Watch the videos of sr. Emmanuel in English, go to https://sremmanuel.org/video/

P.S. 4. Write a letter to your Blessed Mother!  She will answer you during prayer! Mail it to "Queen of Peace", BP 2157, F-06103 Nice cedex, France. We will deliver it to a visionary.

Sister Emmanuel's Newsletter can be received in many languages!

In Italian:  vannalvisepg@gmail.com
In English: Commentscom@gmail.com
In Flemish: gclaes@scarlet.be
In Chinese: teresamedj@gmail.com

If you are not receiving newsletters, please send us your email address again. Also, please check whether our messages aren't going into your spam box.

No comments: