7/24/15

Gabrielle Colins talks about her testimony regarding Medjugorje

date: 19.07.2015.
Many experiences of various pilgrims remain hidden from the public, but we also very often have chance to talk to those who do not hesitate to speak publicly about the special graces given to them at Gospa' intercession.  Here we bring story of Gabrielle Colins from Ireland. She came to Medjugorje for the first time just because of her sister: „I was raised and grew as Catholic, but eventually with years, I stopped going to the church. Then I had a heart attack and I had to stop working, so I spent most of the time at the house. My sister was already in Medjugorje on few occasions and she proposed to me a trip to Medjugorje. When we arrived here, I really had nice time, but I never thought I would return ever again to Medjugorje. But already in February the following year, I came to Medjugorje. This is where one can feel ultimate peace, this is where the Mother dwells. I was very sick and I spent lots of time in the hospitals. I got really sick for another time just before I was to arrive here, few days before the Anniversary in Medjugorje. I did lots of lab tests and they told met hat the main artery, going from the heart to the brain was blocked for 70%. I was told that the surgery was a simple procedure, but in my case it was nearly impossible and I was not given lots of hope.  The doctor told me that if I did not accept the surgery, it was just a matter of time when I would have died. He suggested that I invite my family so he would explain the whole case to them as well as the necessity and the urgency of the surgery. Instead, I decided to come to Medjugorje and to deal with this new situation upon my return. I was thinking of that as of the last week of my life and I wanted to handle all after my visit to Medjugorje. When I came here I felt perfect peace and there was not a single bit of anxiety or worries. It was one afternoon that I began to pray with my sister outside the church. I sat there for a while and suddenly in one moment I felt drops of rain falling on me. I looked up, but the sun was shining and the drops of rain were all over me. I was trying to understand what was going on, I was turning around me and I saw the rain was only on me. I asked my sister about this strange phenomenon and she peacefully responded that it was the blessing. We did not bring up that experience again. Upon my return home I felt such an amazing peace. I went to see my doctor who was determined to have the surgery scheduled as soon as possible. I wanted to have another exam and CT scan, even though he was saying how unnecessary that was since all of the tests were done few weeks ago. He was really angry as I did not want to listen to him and he ordered another scan. After the results came back, he was absolutely shocked as there was no trace of any previous blockage. He asked me what was going on, where did I go and what happened to me. I just told him that I went to Medjugorje, and he asked to keep those results as the unique case that happened in that hospital. Everything in my life changed after that experience. I feel immense love of God and joy in every moment and I just desire to share it with every person I happen to meet in my life."    http://www.medjugorje.hr/en/ 

1 comment:

Bee's Thoughts said...

Wow...what an absolutely inspiring testimony of the healing power of God, through Our Lady of Medjugorje!! I would love to visit Medjugorje one day. I hear of so many beautiful miracles taking place still to this day! God is so good! Thank you for sharing your story of healing and peace!!! God bless you!