12/16/13

The encounter with Medjugorje is my greatest gift.


Fr. Mateo Mario: “In Medjugorje we feel grace-filled love of God”

date: 12.12.2013.
Fr. Mateo Mario is a member of the community of Our Lady Queen of Peace in Sao Paolo in Brazil, and that community is a fruit of Medjugorje. Before he became a priest, he received a degree in Chemistry and worked for few years in chemical factory. His job was good, as well as his salary and he lived a good life according to the standards of the world. Even though he was brought up in a Catholic family, he did not go much to the church at that time. All of that had changed with just one accidental encounter with the Holy Scripture. He came to Medjugorje in 2002, at the time he was in Novitiate.

 “While I was seeking for my religious vocation, I visited various communities. That is how I took part in prayer meetings of one charismatic group Rinovamento from Sao Paolo and that is where I heard about the apparitions. Up to that time, I did not know anything about the apparitions of the Queen of Peace in Medjugorje, and the thought that Gospa was appearing every single day filled my heart and that is when I decided to join community that lives and spreads Our Lady’s messages. The encounter with Medjugorje is my greatest gift.

Those were the days when I got to know the heart of a Mother who embraced me and who loves me. Ever since I came here for the first time, Gospa is a strong part of my life. I feel I was chosen as a priest to be the instrument of peace, grace and prayer in the life of other people. I started to pray with the heart in Medjugorje, and Rosary became fundamental part of my life. Jesus became my brother and my friend. It was here in Medjugorje that I learned how important is to adore Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. Mary is not in the centre in Medjugorje, it is her Son Jesus.

” Fr. Mateo feels that pilgrims in Medjugorje experience great love of God. “As we are becoming aware of their sins, we open more to God. I climbed Cross Mountain today with my group. As we prayed at the stations of the Way of the Cross, I felt huge outpour of God’s love and I was not able to speak at all, I just cried all the time.”        http://www.medjugorje.hr/en/

1 comment:

Ed Sousa said...

Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world!"

Blessed Pope John Paul II