7/27/13

Conversion Testimony Of Famous Spanish Author Maria Vallejo Nagera at Medjugorje

Maria Vallejo Nagera




Video
.
Excerpt of Maria's witness given in Medjugorje at the 2009 youth festival.
I have to admit that at that time, even having been considered a Catholic all my life, my faith was tepid. I was a “Sunday Catholic”, always bored at the celebration of the Mass, not really understanding most of its parts, and always trying to make excuses to avoid going to the church. My parents have raised me Catholic, the schools I attended were Catholic, but no real feeling of God lived in our family or in our hearts. I like to describe my family as “social Catholics”: we attended Mass every Sunday, yes, but with no real feelings, only going through the motions, flowing with the Spanish catholic crowd. If all of our friends and family members were churchgoers in Madrid, we were going to do the same no matter what. I remember trying fiercely to convince my two friends during that trendy lunch that they were going to explore a senseless, ridiculous way to approach God. We were rich, we were young, we were happy healthy mothers of beautiful children, we had attractive husbands that adored us. In other words, we had the world in our hands.

1 comment:

Ed Sousa said...


Dear friends,

I start to work evangelizing again with my lectures. Now Latin America has asked me to go. I am starting a gruesome trip all over Latin America to bring the joy of Jesus to as many people as I can. Please pray for me and for my beautiful but difficult journey:

With love,

Maria Vallejo-Nágera