2/12/09

Fr. Jozo's words, I Am Not Medjugorje.

Photo by Bernard Gallagher
Wednesday, February 11, 2009

“I am not Medjugorje...”
The wise words of Fr Jozo Zovko OFM, the parish priest of Medjugorje at the time the apparitions began in June 1981, always answers perfectly the critics of Medjugorje. Probably because his words are truth.Man can never be sure or objective, because his thinking, his opinion, never leaves him. If one doesn’t allow oneself to be convinced, if one clings to one’s naturally limited judgement, events will continue to occur without us. This is what happened at Medjugorje. Whether one is convinced or skeptical, for or against, the years pass by at Medjugorje; the signs remain, the fruits remain. And Our Lady’s invitation to peace is still valid I do everything I can for people to hear this message, so that they may begin to renew their spiritual lives, their family lives. The position of the Church or the position of individuals is not the point. The point is that this is a mystery in whcih signs are given. Jesus had forseen our weakness. He told us: “Either make the tree goood, and its fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and its fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by its fruit.”The devil never ceases to seek out collaborators to harm Medjugorje. When these persons describe a witness, such as myself, for example, they try to show me in the worst possible light so as to provoke a scandal so that the public will say. “Medjugorje is bad.” But I am not Medjugorje! Thank God, I never for one instance thought I was Medjugorje! Slander, lies provocations, I can easily overcome all that. Medjugorje cannot suffer on my account, because God is in it Himself who has wanted it and who protects it from human egoism, pride and disobedience...
• Fr Jozo Zovko OFM, from the book Encounters with Fr Jozo, by Sabina Covic• Medjugorje comes from Heaven. It is a pure gift from God. That is why it was difficult for me to accept it at the beginning... because it calls for change. Unless a person accepts change, the Message of Medjugorje appeals to your soul like a beggar. Medjugorje calls you to relieve you of all your presuppositions and to begin a new approach to things, a radically new way. Medjugorje does not produce Pharisees. Fr Jozo Zovko OFM
Posted by Pilgrim at 8:31 PM

No comments: